The Startup Roundup – 20th November 2020
GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Single students are losing faith in virtual romance. Enter TigerCrush – The app allows Princeton students to select five ‘crushes’ from the school and identifies mutual feelings.
- Depixs: When it’s about more than just the looks – There is no swiping function and images are pixelated which become clearer as the conversation develops.
- BeSmitten Launches Online Dating Platform – One of Singapore’s leading sugar dating websites has launched a new app to make it easier for new sugar relationships to be formed.
- Swipe, match, eat: ‘Weet’ pitches better online dating app – The app won first position Cornell Hospitality Pitch Deck Competition and matches users before organising a first date at a local restaurant.
- Maple Match: Make Dating Great Again – A 2.0 version of the platform is being launched after the US Presidential Election to match single Americans with Canadians.