The Startup Roundup – 14th August 2020
GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- HelloAfrica: Match and connect with fellow Africans from around the world – This swipe-based dating app allows singles to choose to match with people from the same heritage country.
- LoveInSync: See What Meaningful Connections Are Waiting For You – Users can add video or voice intros to their profiles to better display their unique personalities.
- Bogoo: Let’s Find Something Real – This dating app is targeted at Chinese students and young professionals living in the United States to find relationships with people from the same background.
- New dating site for anti-maskers dubbed ‘OkStupid’ – The dating forum is part of LockdownSceptics.org, a conspiracy website that claims the reaction to the COVID-19 pandemic has been too strong.
- How a quarantine matchmaking project for Muslims found itself navigating anti-Blackness – Eye Meets Soul is a blind virtual matchmaking service where Muslim men and women can safely connect with each other during lockdown.