The Startup Roundup – 19th February 2021
GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Amigo App Allows College Students To Find Friends In The Pandemic – Amigo helps students at several universities in the US to socialise while they have no in-person classes.
- TapToDates: Meet New People, Dating, Make Friends – Singles can sort all of their potential matches into a ‘UserBox’ which filters them based on a number of different categories.
- Peel: A New Dating App For Serious Singles – It’s only possible for users to have two matches at the same time to prevent endless swiping and meaningless conversations.
- DateShield: Safer Dates, Safer Lives – The app developed a range of questions with psychologists to help women assess if their dates are as safe as they seem.
- Twiine: Your Next Step In Dating – Users will be able to find matches, get date venue recommendations and organise their dates all in one app.